“The LORD’s voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see thy name: hear ye the rod, and who hath appointed it.”
“During ages of spiritual darkness the church of God has been as a city set on a hill.” The Acts of the Apostles p.12.1
“Note it is the Lord’s voice. The voice is crying in the “city.” (City, or Jerusalem are symbols of God’s church the same as “mountain,” the difference between the symbols being that “mountain” means the entire denomination, but “city” means the leading part of that body.) By what means is the Lord’s voice crying in the city (church)? The last part of the verse answers the question: “Hear ye the rod.” To hear a rod, it must be the kind that can speak.”
“The only rod God’s people have ever been asked to hear is this “Shepherd’s Rod.” At the time we gave the name to this book, we knew nothing about the prophecies in the book of Micah, neither did we know this passage was there. We mean to say it is not any of our knowledge of this particular scripture that compelled us to name the book by that title, but we feel it was done by the same divine providence that brought about the entire truth, in order to fulfill the scripture.”
“Again, note “The men of wisdom shall see thy name.” The wisdom mentioned is not that which the world can give, but a heavenly one. Douay version reads as follows: “And salvation [wisdom] shall be to them that fear [ see] thy name: hear, O ye tribes.” The same thought is brought over in the seventh chapter, verse 14. “Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: Let them feed in Bashan and Gilead , as in the days of old.” “Feed thy people with thy rod:” The verb “feed” is to be understood as spiritual food, and that food (truth) is found in the “Rod,” therefore we again have the command to give out the book (“Feed thy [God’s] people).” Carmel, Bashan, and Gilead are used as symbols of good spiritual pasture. These places are where Israel had their victories. Mount Carmel is where Elijah had his experience with the backslidden Israel in the days of Ahab. It was in Carmel where he (Elijah) brought the fire from heaven which consumed the sacrifice upon the altar, after which he slew the prophets of Baal.” 1SR 243.2
“As Jesus views the state of His professed followers today, He sees base ingratitude, hollow formalism, hypocritical insincerity, pharisaical pride an d apostasy.” 5T 72.2
Elijah of old was also connected with Carmel, for it was here when God’s people were deep in apostasy, that a great victory was wrought to vindicate the true worship of Jehovah.
Although not a movement in itself, but a movement within a movement, at a time when the Church was in deep apostasy, the Lord raised up antitypical Elijah (TM 475:3), in a place named Mt Carmel Center, with a message of revival and reformation to be given to the Church.
“…we thank the Lord that years ago the “Spirit of Prophecy” predicted that “somebody was to come in the spirit and power of Elijah” (“Testimonies to Ministers,” p. 475), and from singular Elijah to collective form Elijahs(or plural form) that “God will have men who are true to duty. At the right time He sends His faithful messengers to do a work similar to that of Elijah.” (“Testimonies for the Church,” Vol. 5, p. 254.)
“Feed thy people with thy rod , the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.” Micah 7:14.
“The term, “let”, means to allow it to be so;…”
The Spirit of Prophecy says in Patriarchs and Prophets, page 251, that the rod of Moses was a symbol of God’s power. The shepherd’s rod: Power of God; the sheep: God’s people; the shepherd’s rod is an instrument which is used to catch sheep. The rod in this is an instrument which is used to catch people. What could it be? It can not be anything else but some wonderful, plain, clear-cutting Bible truth which could not be contradicted. When it is revealed, it will produce serpents (people), or converts, by reformation. But the Egyptians did the same also, for they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents, and perhaps more in number, for every man cast his rod, but they were counterfeit. Symbols of hypocrisy (untrue Christians); but Moses rod swallowed the rods of the Egyptians. Symbol of victory for true Israel. The result is opposition, but true Israel wins at last.
It is the intention of this reading materials to reveal the truth of the 144,000 mentioned in Revelation 7 but the chief object of this publication is to bring about a reformation among God’s people…. This subject is made clear by the use of the Bible and the writings given by the Spirit of Prophecy.
The truth revealed here is of great importance to the church just now because of the foretold danger which God’s people are soon to meet. It calls for decided action on the part of the believers to separate themselves from all worldlings and worldliness; to anchor themselves on the Solid Rock by obedience to all the truth known to this denomination, if we must escape the great ruin. “The Lord’s voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see thy name: Hear ye the rod, and who hath appointed it.” Micah 6:9.
If you are ready to “Hear ye the rod” just click below, Choose any topic===> The meat in due season, Come and See…
- 1. Pre-“Eleventh Hour” Extra
- 2. The Great Paradox of the Ages
- 3. The Judgment and the Harvest
- 4. The Latest News For “Mother”
- 5. Final Warning
- 6. Why Perish?
- 7. The Great Controversy Over “The Shepherd’s Rod”
- 8. Mount Sion at the Eleventh Hour
- 9. “BEHOLD, I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW”
- 10. The Sign of Jonah
- 11. God’s Titles Not Restricted To One Language
- 12. The World Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
- 13. Christ’s Greetings to You
- 14. War News Forecast
- 15. To the Seven Churches
- THE “ENTERING WEDGE”
- The Shepherd’s Rod Volume 1, Pocket Edition
- 1950 General Conference Special
- Fundamental Beliefs and Directory
- Military Stand of Davidian Seventh-day Adventists
- MT. CARMEL TRAINING CENTER
- Reporting Un-Adventist Activities
- THE LEVITICUS OF THE DAVIDIAN SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS
- THE WHITE-HOUSE RECRUITER
THE ANSWER BOOK NO. 1-5
- The Answerer Book No. 1
- The Answerer Book No. 2
- The Answerer Book No. 3
- The Answerer Book No. 4
- The Answerer Book No. 5
TIMELY GREETINGS VOL. 1
- 1 TG 1 – The Way Back to Eden
- 1 TG 2 – Only Two Ways
- 1 TG 3 – Question and Answer Discussion Part I
- 1 TG 4 – Question and Answer Discussion Part II
- 1 TG 5 – That Which Shall be in the Last Days
- 1 TG 6 – Zion and Her Daughters in the Last Days
- 1 TG 7 – What Makes One Eligible?
- 1 TG 8 – Laodicean or Davidian–Which
- 1 TG 9 – “The House of David as the Angel of the Lord
- 1 TG 10 – What Brings Success to Revival and Reformation
- 1 TG 11 – Build the City, Comfort Zion, Choose Jerusalem
- 1 TG 12 – If Only 144,000 Translated, What Chance for You?
- 1 TG 13 – The Revival and Reformation
- 1 TG 14 – Isms, and The Remedy
- 1 TG 15 – The Jews and the Christians’ Faith in the Prophets
- 1 TG 16 – The Exodus of Today
- 1 TG 17 – Bright Clouds Bring Gentle Rain
- 1 TG 18 – The End of Human Idols and their Worshippers
- 1 TG 19 – The Fate of Jerusalem, The Call of its Future Inhabitants
- 1 TG 20 – The Kingdom of Judah, The Sifting of the Nations
- 1 TG 21 – The Church Entering Into and In the Harvest Period
- 1 TG 22 – The Hated Jews of Today not the Admired Jews of Tomorrow
- 1 TG 23 – The Fate of Assyria and the Triumph of the Church
- 1 TG 24 – Is World War II Yet to be Finished, Saints Yet to be Delivered?
- 1 TG 25 – Which Nations will Disarm, and Why?
- 1 TG 26 – A World Wide Stir and Its Results
- 1 TG 27 – A Rod that Speaks Calls for Reformation and Creates Great Controversy
- 1 TG 28 – On the Threshold of a New World in the Sight of the Old
- 1 TG 29 – A Trodden-down Kingdom Rising to Prominence and Peace
- 1 TG 30 – “Seven Women Take Hold of One Man”
- 1 TG 31 – The Old Family Tree
- 1 TG 32 – Fathers Preferred Deceit Their Children Given Grace
- 1 TG 33 – The Dispersion, the Time and the Deliverance
- 1 TG 34 – The Spoils Taken by the Lame and the Weak
- 1 TG 35 – Nations See Edom Perish, Deert Blossom, and a Highway to Zion
- 1 TG 36 – “Comfort Ye, Comfort Ye, My People
- 1 TG 37 – The end of Your Long and Trying Journey
- 1 TG 38 – If Not Awakened Now, They May Sleep Forever
- 1 TG 39 – The Children of the Barren More Than the children of the Bearing Woman
- 1 TG 40 – Zion in the Height of Her Glory
- 1 TG 41 – The Fruits of the Annointed One
- 1 TG 42 – Zion’s Reward and God’s Mighty Effort
- 1 TG 43 – The Year of His Redeemed–The Sign of the Day of Vengeance
- 1 TG 44 – Things That Obtain Before and After the Earth is Made New
- 1 TG 45 – The Mighty Esaus and the Unpretentious Jacobs
- 1 TG 46 – The Servants of God in the Gathering time
- 1 TG 47 – Jacob’s Time of Trouble, Judah and Israel Going Home
- 1 TG 48 – God’s Certification to Ressurrect, Purify and Consolidate Judah and Israel
- 1 TG 49 – What is Religion? Does It Profit Both Now and Hereafter?
- 1 TG 50 – Life is But What We Make It
- 1 TG 51 – Is Religion Something Living and Growing? Or Is It Something Dead and Waning?
- 1 TG 52 – Five Men Slay after One Sets a Mark
TIMELY GREETINGS VOL. 2
- 2 TG 1 – The Lord’s Answer to the enquiries of God
- 2 TG 2 – One Shepherd to Accomplish what a Multitude failed to Accomplish
- 2 TG 3 – The Christian’s Land Renovation and Heart Operation
- 2 TG 4 – The Dead and the Living Make up…Whole House of Israel Gog Falls
- 2 TG 5 – A Feast That Rolls Away the Veil…Causes Death to Flee Away
- 2 TG 6 – Lewdness Flees Away…Revival and Reformation Win
- 2 TG 7 – The Time of the “Time of Trouble,”…Reward of One’s Faith in God
- 2 TG 8 – Revival and Reformation Precede the Great and Dreadful of the Lord
- 2 TG 9 – Be a new Threshing Instrument in the Hand of God
- 2 TG 10 – Upshoots not Offshoots
- 2 TG 11 – The way the Kingdom is to Come
- 2 TG 12 – THE REVELATION–WHAT IS IT?
- 2 TG 13 – Where do the Seals and Trumpets Begin and End
- 2 TG 14 – The Chronological Setting of the Revelation…The Summary
- 2 TG 15 – That Which is to be During the Sixth Trumpet While Probation still Lasts
- 2 TG 16 – Satan’s Tripple Defeat Brings the “Time of Trouble such as Never Was
- 2 TG 17 – A World Government and the only People Who Will Not Bow Down to It
- 2 TG 18 – The Final World Government Communistic or Capitalistic, Which
- 2 TG 19 – Baptism and the Lord our Righteousness – The Gate to the Church
- 2 TG 20 – The Laodiceans Perish Without the “Message to the Laodiceans”
- 2 TG 21 – Children Born to a Lewd Mother bring Peace and Happiness into the Home
- 2 TG 22 – The Great Paradox of the Ages
- 2 TG 23 – Keeping the Commandments The Stony Heart and the Carnal Mind
- 2 TG 24 – The People that Hardly Stand a Chance
- 2 TG 25 – The Product of the School of God and the Product of the School of Man
- 2 TG 26 – Shintoism and Non-progressive Christianity
- 2 TG 27 – Chronically Ill with too Much Knowledge and too little Understanding
- 2 TG 28 – The Spirit that Originated Evil, and its Manifestation Today
- 2 TG 29 – Truth’s Decree on Earth is the Decree in Heaven
- 2 TG 30 – The Revival and Reformation Crowned with the Purification
- 2 TG 31 – The Restoration and the Time
- 2 TG 32 – If a Man Dies How Shall he Live Again? And What Shall he be Like
- 2 TG 33 – The Cleansing of the Sanctuary When and How Done
- 2 TG 34 – If You Were Nothing, What Would You Choose To Be?
- 2 TG 35 – “The Lord Our Righteousness”
- 2 TG 36 – Democracy, Communism, Catholicism, or Protestantism – Which Rules Next?
- 2 TG 37 – History, and Prophecy, Commandments and Statutes–The Bible
- 2 TG 38 – Fundamental Principals of Education
- 2 TG 39 – Righteousness by Grace, Righteousness by Faith, and the Righteousness of Christ
- 2 TG 40 – The Education of Christian Youth–Where and How Obtained
- 2 TG 41 – Current Events, the Palestine Situation, and How Close the Separation
- 2 TG 42 – That Which is to be During the Time of the End
- 2 TG 43 – A Dead Top, An Offshoot or an Upshoot–Which?
- 2 TG 44 – The Signs of Christ’s Second Coming, or the Signs of the Kingdom–Which?
- 2 TG 45 – What is Christianity? Who May Take Hold of it? And Who May Miss It?
- 2 TG 46 – The Gift of Miracles Especially Healing and Speaking in Tongues–When, How, Who?
JEZREEL LETTER, NO. 1-9
- Jezreel Letter No. 1
- Jezreel Letter No. 2
- Jezreel Letter No. 3
- Jezreel Letter No. 4
- Jezreel Letter No. 5
- Jezreel Letter No. 6
- Jezreel Letter No. 7
- Jezreel Letter No. 8
- Jezreel Letter No. 9
- An Unpublished Letter Of Interest
- The Three Requisites to victory
- What Price the “Extra Oil”?
- How Important is Time?
- Faith and Work Bring Rest
- The Necessity for the Sealing
- JONAH AND THE PEOPLE OF GOD
- THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN LIKENED UNTO TEN VIRGINS
- THE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER AND EXPLANATION OF SOME ISAIAH CHAPTERS
- WHEN AND HOW THE WORK IS TO BE FINISHED, SIGN POSTS ALONG THE WAY
- WHAT WE MAY BE IF WE WORK WITH GOD AND LET HIM WORK WITH US
- WHAT BRINGS SUCCESS?
- A STUDY IN TYPOLOGY
- BAPTISM WITH WATER, BAPTISM WITH FIRE, AND THE LORD’S SUPPER
- ISAIAH 28
- WORLD CONDITIONS WHEN GOD’S PEOPLE DELIVERED
- THE LATTER-DAY CONFEDERACY
- THE OBSERVANCE OF THE SABBATH
- QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON SABBATH OBSERVANCE PART 2